1. It recognizes the good that people have done. Most people do acts of kindness and service without looking for accolades, but they always appreciate when people notice. The Doing Good wall says, "I noticed!"
2. It encourages others to do the same. Momentum is a motivator. As more people are recognized for acts of kindness and service, more people are apt to join in.
3. It encourages you. As you notice the good being done by others, you become more aware of the opportunities in your own everyday life to do the same.
4. Acknowledging the good work of others is an act of gratitude and gratitude is good for our soul. If you want to bring a positive spirit to your day, start with acts of gratitude.
5. Going "public" with your recognition is good theology. In very concrete ways, it acknowledges how God works in and through the lives of people. Praying for God to act is good. Acknowledging the ways God answers prayers through acts of kindness and service in itself, a statement of faith.
Next time you are here, be sure to add to our "Doing Good" Wall!