Welcome to the "Falling Upward" page! This is where we will 'gather' as we read Richard Rohr's book on a "Spirituality for the Two Halves of Life". If you are new to our summer "Book Club", here's what you should know:
- Every summer, I pick a couple books that have impacted me and would like to share with others.
- Pick up the book at a bookstore, church ($12) or download it.
- Read it at your own pace (especially good for summer schedules!)
- Come and discuss it with others. We meet on July 26 for this book.
This summer, we are going to add one more component: A place for people to share ideas, reflections and comments along the way. Each week, we will have someone share their thoughts, reflections and questions from their reading. I have broken up the book in fairly consistent "chunks", but don't feel like you are "behind" if your reading isn't on the same schedule. Don't be afraid to add your comments, too!
Here is the schedule for when particular chapters will be discussed. The dates are the Sundays that begin each week. Enjoy!
- June 14: Introduction & Chapters 1 & 2
- June 21: Chapters 3 & 4
- June 28: Chapters 5, 6 & 7
- July 5: Chapters 8, 9 & 10
- July 12: Chapters 11 & 12
- July 19: Chapter 13
July 26: Discussion @ 11:30- 1:00 pm
Here is a short video of Rohr introducing his book:
Want to see a full lecture on these themes? Check this out!